OACC’s 37th annual conference is shaping up to be a blast! Here are the best reasons why you should come:
5. Location, location, location. The Blue Mountain Resort and Conference Centre was recently named the number one conference destination in the country by Meetings Canada. Blue Mountain is charming, quaint and picturesque – treat yourself by getting away for a few days. Wine tasting, Scandinavian spa, golf – need we say more?
4. Celebrate good times, come on. This year’s conference is an Olympics and Paralympics-themed celebration of success in post secondary education. It’s an excellent chance to mingle and network with about 150 career college professionals from across Ontario!
3. Can you say government presence? With a heavy-hitting line up that includes Minister John Milloy, Superintendent Allan Scott of the Private Career Colleges Branch and Assistant Deputy Ministry Laurie LeBlanc, this conference packs in the Ministry representation.
2. Informative workshops and sessions. Learn about the latest trends in accreditation, student retention, social media and marketing and changes that are coming to accounting standards. OACC has also planned a full-day of instructor development and financial aid training.
1. Interesting speakers. Hear from Minister John Milloy, comedians Meg Soper and Doug Funk, and Paul Rosen, Paralympic gold medallist and Team Canada sledge hockey goalie. Learning balanced with laughs – it’s our conference philosophy! CLICK HERE to register online for the conference
BLUE MOUNTAIN 2010
WHEN: April 21 to 23, 2010, the Village at Blue Mountain Conference Centre
WHERE: Blue Mountains Resort, 242 Jozo Weider Blvd., Blue Mountains, Ontario
PROGRAM: Click here to read the conference program