Are you a dynamic, charismatic people-person?
Do you enjoy developing relationships with people?
Are you looking to help people work their way to an exciting, rewarding career?
The Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies (CCVS) has an immediate opening for a Registrar. As Registrar, you will be primarily responsible for generating leads and enrolling qualified students in CCVS’ Court Reporting Diploma Program.
CCVS is Canada’s only private career college specializing in the training of realtime court reporters. Created to meet the urgent need for realtime court reporters in Canada, CCVS will be having its first graduating class in October. CCVS also has Canada’s only online diploma program in court reporting. CCVS is registered as a private career college with the government of Ontario.
- Researches industry and identifies sales leads. Performs cold-calls to ascertain interest in the program, raise awareness, inform and educate potential students on court reporting, career opportunities and CCVS’ unique approach to court reporting education.
- Develops a sales strategy to continue to grow the student base in Toronto and across Canada;
- Manages the complete sales cycle including the preparation of presentations or proposals.
- Plans information and other events for potential candidates to learn more about the court reporting program. Arranges with the Executive Director for potential student to audit classes, meet with faculty or arrange other practical events as appropriate.
- Cultivates relationships to ensure positive word-of-mouth and encourage future sales opportunities.
- Researches the best industry trade shows and events to attend. Participates in events, recruits other CCVS staff to participate and works with marketing consulting firm to create, modify or print copies of existing marketing material.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the industry through attendance at industry events and conferences.
- Establishes contact list, working with Administrative Coordinator to track calls made and received.
- Responsible for maintaining the Web site to attract new students, including making updates, announcements, and other necessary revisions.
- Liaises with the marketing consultants to design marketing materials, writes or modifies text for marketing materials such as brochures and website.
- Designs and writes content for the semi-annual CCVS newsletter, engaging students in newsletter ideas, interviewing court reporters and industry experts or arranging for others to interview and write stories of interest to the newsletter audience.
- Act as secondary phone support to Administrative Assistant and coordinates staff and student email accounts.
- Other tasks as required to benefit the school.
- A college diploma in a related field with 2-5 years experience in a sales or marketing role. A university degree will be considered an asset.
- Natural camaraderie with people.
- Excellent lead generation skills.
- Organized, with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Continuous learner with a deep curiosity about the court reporting industry.
- Experience in the legal industry is a definite asset.
- Experience in the education field is an asset.
For more information about the school, please visit our Web site: http://www.verbatimstudies.com. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2010.
NOTE: OACC acts as a conduit in sharing information and does not endorse any particular entities that appear on this blog. If you have a job posting, property listing, equipment for sale or anything else you would like to circulate, please email laurabailey at oacc.on.ca .